The Personnel Committee is advisory to the Town Board who makes all final decisions. The powers and duties of the Personnel & Finance Committee are to make recommendations regarding:
- Matters related to Town finances and financial policies, including:
- Annual Town Budget
- Fund transfer resolutions, contracts, borrowing, investments, purchasing procedures, capital expenditures, land acquisitions, collection of delinquent taxes, commencement or defense of litigation.
- Personnel items such as adding additional of personnel, reclassification of personnel, and creation of new positions.
- Monitoring Town Policies including:
- Wages, salaries, benefit plans, job descriptions, grievances and disciplinary procedures.
- Policies to assure consistency with current legal requirements and to ensure such policies serve to retain and attract quality employees and otherwise serve the best interests of the Town.
- Conduct hearings on employee grievances or disciplinary matters
- Reports findings and conclusions to the Town Board.
The Personnel & Finance Committee meets the 3rd Wednesday after the 1st Monday of each month at 7:30 AM if needed. The Committee consists of five members who serve a two-year term.
Agendas & Minutes
Al Cheslock --
Tina Pelter (Chair)
Like to join this committee? Click here to download the interest form.