Voter Registration

Where do I register to vote:

To register to vote you must be:

  • A United States Citizen;
  • 18 years or older on or before Election Day;
  • have resided in the Town of Ledgeview for at least 28 days prior to Election Day.


  • In person: Visit the Clerk’s Office, 3700 Dickinson Road, De Pere, WI 54115. Office hours are Monday – Thursday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, and Friday 7:30 am – 11:30 am. You must show proof of residency in order to register in the Clerk’s Office.
  • Mail: Complete a Wisconsin Voter Registration Application and mail it to the Clerk’s Office along with your proof of residency.  Application must be postmarked no later than the 3rd Wednesday before Election Day.
  • Online: Visit My Vote WI, fill out the application and make sure to print off your Wisconsin Voter Registration Form, sign it, and mail into the Clerk’s Office along with your proof of residency.
  • Photo ID information can be found here.

State of Wisconsin approved Acceptable Proof of Residency are:

  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
  • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  • Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year of the year preceding the date of the election.
  • A university, college or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
  • A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made.
  • Bank statement.
  • Paycheck.
  • A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
  • An affidavit on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual’s residence for voting purposes.
  • Residential lease that is effective on the date of registration (not valid if you are registering by mail).

 Unacceptable Proof of Residence includes:

  • Insurance documents (health, home, auto not accepted)
  • Credit card statements.
  • Passport (does not include an address). May use for photo ID, but not proof of residency.
  • Any proof of residence not included on the above list.

Feel free to contact us with any questions at (920) 336-3360 ext. 104 or