The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) recently launched the ‘We’re All In’ grant initiative and will start accepting on-line applications on June 15th. Funded by the CARES Act, the grants will help small businesses with the costs of business interruption or for health and safety improvements, wages and salaries, rent, mortgages and inventory. The program will provide $2,500 grants to 30,000 small businesses. Applications are accepted on-line until 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, June 23.
A business may apply for the We’re All In Small Business Grant if it:
- Was in business in February 2020. Businesses that started in 2020 are not eligible;
- Is Wisconsin-based and for-profit;
- Employs 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including the owner; and
- Has more than $0 but less than $1 million in annual revenues.
Businesses will not be eligible for the grants if they are:
- Part of a national chain, unless the business is a third-party franchise;
- Industries covered by other Wisconsin CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund programs are ineligible for this program. These are: Crop Production, Animal Production or Aquaculture, and Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings
To prepare for the online application process, businesses should be ready to upload the following documents to the WEDC application:
- 2018 or 2019 federal tax return for business.
- Signed W-9 form
- An email or letter of acknowledgement from a community organization indicating your business was in operation in February 2020.
Click here for more information and directions on how to apply.